Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Adventures in Hacky Sacks



I get a lot of weird requests through my Etsy store, including one for a pokeball hacky sack. I had to look up what a pokeball was as well so don't feel bad. It turned out to be pretty fun, but as usual since I don't know how to read a pattern I just kind of had to figure it out on my own, resulting in multiple attempts at making something completely round. I started off putting uncooked rice in a bag and using that as a filling, but one of my customers wanted the filling to be plastic beads so he can play with it in all kinds of weather, so I switched to that. It's a good idea anyway since you will probably have to wash it at some point or another since the game is played outside on the grass. Turned out kind of ok : )

No comments:

Post a Comment