Saturday, April 16, 2011

The Body Transformation Challenge and Tuna Melts

I am a huge fan and follower of the website Reddit, an online community where people shares news, stories, cute and funny photos, etc. Well I have now signed up for the 12 week body fitness challenge where we show our embarrassing before shots, work out for 12 weeks, then show off our hot after shots. I would like to lose about 20 lbs to get back to where I was in college since I lost my freshman 15 instead of gaining it (unfortunately, 5 years later its all back).


This means healthier eating, which means learning how to cook. I can manage enough to do simple things, but I would like to gradually expand my recipe repertoire. First up, tuna melts.


I used a recipe from Eating Well.


Ingredients:



  • 1 medium shallot, minced (2 tablespoons)
  • 12 ounces canned chunk light tuna, drained
  • 2 tablespoons low-fat mayonnaise
  • 1 tablespoon lemon juice
  • 1 tablespoon minced flat-leaf parsley
  • 1/8 teaspoon salt
  • Dash of hot sauce
  • Freshly ground pepper, to taste
  • 4 slices whole-wheat bread, toasted
  • 2 tomatoes, sliced
  • 1/2 cup shredded sharp Cheddar cheese

I skipped the parsley, lemon juice, and hot sauce since I dont like to overcomplicate recipes. Basically you put everything but the tomatoes, cheese and bread in a bowl, mix it all up, and put on the bread.
Then you pile on the tomatoes and cheese (not as much as I did if you dont have the allowance in your diet) 


and just throw them in the oven until the cheese melts. I recommend putting the bread in the toaster first to avoid soggy bread coming out of the oven. Easy, simple, and something different for dinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment